Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Same But Different...

Finding vintage twins or vintage that is at least in the same family is exciting!Well...to ME any way.Its how collections often end up starting,like for example my Polaroid Cool Rays with the lacy pattern around the frame of the cats eye started the way.Found one pair,later found another in a different color and kept going with it.Anything bow related is another yet another thing I go gaga for.

I picked up this black brooch with a rhinestone center for $5.00 back in November of last year while thrifting.Not a great thrift price but with most shops in California they see vintage and the fact that they're a THRIFT STORE no longer seems to matter but eh $5.00 really isn't so bad.I just got really spoiled by 50 cent vintage jewelry tables back in Indiana.,(psst Indy I miss these things about you terribly)
Photobucket

and this week I can across this one in a pretty root beer brown and didn't have the rhinestone center.
Photobucket

Now they're in the drawer together perhaps bonding or fighting over who will get worn next?Who knows.
Photobucket

And that concludes the title matching the content.Due to my inability to blog as often as I'd like I'm throwing in a little bit of this and that on this post too.Sorry I have blogging ADD,I can't stay on topic.Honestly though how I blog is much like having a conversation with me,it'll start here and by the end of it ends up WAAAAAAY over there on Mars.I like to think of this as progression in conversation,others argue its an inability to stay on topic *shrugs*

I wanted to show off my lovely hair flower that I ordered from Roxanne.Black roses make my inner goth kid super happy!
Photobucket
Photobucket

If the name rings a bell its because you've ordered a darling hair bow OR you remember past blogs post I've made about her awesome little boy Vince he is battling brain cancer.Vince was admitted into the hospital tonight with a fever.I'm sure most of you are aware that when you're going through chemo it really wrecks a frail body and leaves you open to infection which is NOT a great thing for an already weak immune system.Its frightening when a common cold can become deadly.In my opinion the kids has proven to be tougher than nails so I'm sure he'll be fine but all the same just wanted to make a public "shout out" to my readers that before you go to bed tonight keep him in your prayers,light a candle,send some positive thoughts his way.Whatever your cup of tea is belief wise doesn't matter.

To jump topics once again on to tattoos!If you browse buzzfeed or "Like"
me on Facebook you might recall the 50 unexplainable vintage photos post.There were 3 that really caught my eye and here are 2 that I'm seriously considering turning into thigh pieces.They have a very macabre in comparison to my traditional pieces but all the same they've continued please me when I look at them.
Photobucket

I want to add a banner to this one that reads "I only have eyes for you"
Photobucket

I've got a million and one things to get done before I go spending money on that though so on the plus side it'll give me time to still ponder over them.Before I go hopping around anymore I'm out of here...No,I lied!Don't forget about my giveaway!Ok now I'm done.Seriously.

8 comments:

  1. hey, look on etsy....... in pink

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/67795795/big-bubble-gum-pink-bow-vintage-brooch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man!Added it to my favorites!And in pink no less!Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Des, your hair is super long now! I didn't realize it until now! :)

    Those brooches are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the brooches - and well worth $5! Those photos are very cool too :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a red one of these! Too cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bows and photos!

    Oh, and Indy thrifts are catching up with their prices (I am south in Louisville)...

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was going to ask how the bangs were going...i like it! its a softer look, and i must say, it really tones down the "permanent bitch face" lol <3<3<3 you look like you might be smiling :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. That brooch is so pretty!! I think its worth the price!! And here in California they definitely overprice vintage in thrift stores. I went to a thrift store and they had a vintage hat for 35.00 and I saw one vary similar for 5.00 on ebay.

    ReplyDelete