Friday, January 7, 2011

Bakelite,Bamboo and Confetti...

I thrifted these bakelite bangles awhile and realized I'd never gotten around to showing them off but since I also had the luck of finding the bamboo ones here they are together!

Photobucket

Another piece of vintage costume jewelry I do dearly love is lucite confetti
Photobucket

But to prove to you I am capable of parting with some (though I admit its not easy) I did get some pieces listed in my shop.I love these bakelite hoop earrings but unfortunately for me they have clip on backings.Some may disagree but I find screw on backings far more comfortable.I tried but my uber sensitive ears wouldn't allow me to fully enjoy these beauties.

Photobucket

And I have these butter yellow bakelite cuties listed at a steal

Photobucket

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love your new bakelite and bamboo bangles! They look great together.

    I, too, love lucite confetti. If I could, I would so buy those bakelite cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bangles and the confetti. Totally agree with you on the earring front - I only buy vintage screwbacks as clips hurt like hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blondie thank you <3

    Maggie no worries I hear ya on the being broke as a joke

    Dolly yes the sad thing is they're not even tight clips but still I can't do it.Darn sensitive skin1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love confetti lucite in all forms!

    You know you can buy clear gel cushions that slip over clip on earrings which make them soooo much more comfortable, since I found them I've started to wear my vintage earrings so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where can you find the gel cushions? Those sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete