Thursday, November 17, 2011

One Room Down,Many More to Go...

I left California behind in the wee small hours of the morning on Tuesday.Its been a whirlwind of boxes ever since!Heidi's room is the only thing I got 100% down.All the other rooms are either in need of furniture or in the middle of dry wall.I'll save the wacky world of wall paper this place has/had for another post though.The house is darling and I couldn't be happier!I was a little off on the history though so I thought I'd correct myself now.Originally I was told the house was built by the government in the 40's for soldiers returning home from WWII to work in the mines up here.Turns out it was built in 1936 by the government just to get soldiers up here for work.But onto the room!

Heidi is the type if girl that will play with a dump truck while insisting that she wear a tutu.When it came to her room though she wanted 100% girlie so that is what she got.Ballerinas,chenille,and pink up the wazoo and of course all of it with vintage!
Photobucket

close up of right above her bed:
Photobucket

close up of the curtains:
Photobucket

The rooms are small so I told her that her room would be for sleeping,reading and she could have her ceramic tea party items up there away from her brothers 2 year old hands.They have a play room down stairs for their big stuff and most of their toys so it works out.The dresser I scored at a thrift for $15.00!
Photobucket

The matching night stands I found at Vintage 101 for $20 each and you may remember the lamps were a dumpster rescue back when I lived in Indiana.
Photobucket

These prints I picked up in Indiana from my friend Jan's shop.

Photobucket

and last no room is complete without a pink hamper to put your dirty tutu's in at the end of the day!
Photobucket

Alright,I'm off to tackle more boxes and make sense of this hot mess but its good to be home!

17 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh my gooodness!!!!! Its beautiful!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah love it! What a lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, what a lucky little girl!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! oh its so cute. I'm pretty jealous of all her ballerinas and those lamps!! wowie. Can't wait to see what else you do with YOUR house. I bet that feels good :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for your family, all together again. What a perfect room. She must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet room! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY!!! You FINALLY get to unpack all your boxes!!! Heidi's room looks great I can;t wait to see the rest of your cute house!

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it wrong to be totally jealous of a little kid? Because I am ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your move ( I hate moving!!)You daughters bedroom looks lovely, all the attention to detail and the vintage pieces work so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable! Happy for u n ure family and ure new house :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the prettiest room I have ever seen.Just beautiful.Love the lamp,curtains,all the ballerinas,and that tea table.Makes my heart melt.Beautiful job.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. *Awww* Her room is precious!
    I adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty room! My mom used to have a hamper like that, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous room! I'm so pleased you have finally moved and can start unpacking all your boxes!

    ReplyDelete