Monday, November 8, 2010

Photo Booth,Elvis and Sewing Machines...

I hate when you're thrifting and you come across some really cool things for a steal buuuuut you don't have any space for them.I ran into these 2 sewing machines while vintage hunting a few days ago,they were only $20!The wood on the tables they popped out of was in good condition too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Singer I didn't get a chance to snap a photo of the table or a very good picture of the machine for that matter because Wayland quickly became confident in his surroundings while there and decided he no longer needed to stay at my side and went running off and I had to snatch him up.

Photobucket

I did pick up this delightfully tacky large headed Elvis statue to give to one of my friends who I knew would appreciate the kitsch-tasticness that this Elvis oozed.
Photobucket


In bang growing out news I'm into that hide all cutting tools stage,but they're getting there!Looking forward to having long side swept bangs.I just hate this stage because they aren't quite long enough to successfully stay to the side and worn straight looks a bit unkempt.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

3 comments:

  1. hey hun, i've got one of those sewing desks...its missing the top piece (for when the machine is down) but if you swing through here when you head to where ever you call home next you can have it for free. The machine works it just needs to be serviced (lubed) and I don't have the time. The table is in not the best condition...but free is free right? ;) <3 you gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The turquoise machine is super cool. Sure beats my 1980s cream and brown model, but I too would struggle for somewhere to put it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those machines, I have a modern one though, but on a nice 50s table!! I get in that situation all the time see something fab and cheap but don't have the room, it's drives me crazy, I would easily have had 10 cocktail cabinets and 10 china cabinets by now!

    ReplyDelete