Monday, January 30, 2012

Starbursts,Shoveling,Shoe Clips and Snuggling...

Yep,that title pretty much sums up my photos today.I got Wayland's dresser this weekend so I'm ALMOST ready for a blog post on his vintage cowboy room,still waiting on a few touches before I want to show it off though.As far as other thrifting most of what I've bought has been for the shop but when I went to pay for the dresser I did pick up this cool light fixture for $1.00!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Today consisted of shoveling the drive way.No,wearing a cute vintage snow hat and wearing red lipstick didn't make it feel better this time.I like a sunny day but going out at noon wasn't a good idea.The sun was painfully bright!Listening to some 77 punk makes it go by faster.I'm a vintage loving gal but I am glad to live in a modern time when I can listen to music while doing mundane chores like shoveling the drive.Plus side,I will have amazing toned arms for all those spring dresses!

Oh and yeah in case you don't follow me on Facebook it may be news to you that my bangs are back.Bang growing out attempt #2 is a failed mission *shrugs*
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I've been hoping to do a cute outfit post showing these off but cold weather really limits by ability to wear cute shoes sadly.But I won a gift certificate a few weeks ago to Shoe Clips that the lovely Brittany at Va Voom Vintage hosted on her blog.

The site has a lot of options,it was hard to pick but I chose a pair of red bows and rhinestone heart shoe clips.Shoe clips are a great and inexpensive way to give a new look to a pair of shoes.I had fun trying them on some of my shoes this morning.

On these I think they'd look cute clipped to the back too!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The best thing to do after snow shoveling?Snuggling with a handsome man!
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

7 comments:

  1. Awww!
    Glad to hear you are enjoying the weather! :)

    Lets hope for and early Spring!

    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty light fixture.Love it.Can't wait to see the room.I have also been trying to grow my bangs.And I am having a hard time fighting not cutting them.They are at that annoying stage where they lay on the bridge of my nose or lay o top of my glasses.Oh the pain.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One dollar for the light fixture?! Bargain! I can't wait to see your son's room, I love anything western/cowboy themed.
    x Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have curly hair, and after quite a few attempts at having a fringe (bangs) have given up! We've only had cold and dreary weather so far, not a snowflake in sight. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE that light fixture and you picked it up for $1?!!!!

    brrr you're making me feel cold, I think we're due snow soon, although it won't be enough to shovel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally adore that light fixture.

    A cowboy room?? I can't wait to see it! Sounds really cute. That's what I told my Mr. I want for our future Son's (If we have one)room.

    I wanted a vintage circus room but Hubs said (NO!) as he fears clowns. *hahha*

    P.s. Your shoes and clips are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete