Sunday, May 13, 2012

I Spot a Yard Sale...

I didn't get to do my thrifting this weekend.Yesterday husband took me to the post office and as we were leaving to go to the grocery store I spotted a yard sale and made him stop.I grabbed this cabinet with the glass doors for my office.Its nice to have some of my books put away nicely and my jewelry  displays for my shop inventory not cluttering up my desk anymore!I'll do better photos and more fun detail shots when I have my office before and after post ready(still working on getting it to the after part!)

3391cebd, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


And this lamp,which I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet.I like it,it needs a shade and harp.I normally only keep lamps if they come in pairs to keep me from hoarding them since pairs are harder to find.

b534dc61, Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

You get a little sneak peek of my dining room in the photo of the lamp.My dining room is done except I don't have the money yet for baseboard which as soon as I do you can expect a before and after post on that.My office I've given up waiting for my husband to have the time to pull the paneling in it down and the dry wall up.

I'm also nowhere near having the funds to hire someone to come in and do it for me so I'm just going to work with what I got and paint the paneling and I'll hate it less until I can do it 100% right.My office was a really neglected area in the house that was really hodge podged together so I'm happy to see it starting to take shape with the pieces I need for it and I'll be able to show that off too.

That yard sale also had some more amazing pieces I sadly didn't have the funds for.I'm hoping I'll see them in a thrift around town for cheaper (here is hoping anyway!).I hope all my vintage loving mama's are having a wonderful mothers day,I'm off to enjoy the rest of the day my little ones.

3 comments:

  1. Love your new cabinet and especially the dancing figurines on it. I'm hoping you do a post where we can see them better. Browsed through your blog a little bit and found amazing dresses and a lot more interesting things. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new cabinet....just perfect. And the bottom of that lamp is gorgeous. Would love to see what you do with it.....it looks so classical. Bet you're glad you stopped at the sale! What awesome finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that cabinet! just shows you must always stop at yard sales. always! xx

    ReplyDelete