Friday, May 7, 2010

Glass Gardens...

With 3 weeks left till we move I've started packing up my many knick knacks.I hate packing and I always worry things will break.Setting up in your new home is always fun though but it dawned on my that I would be packing these things up and not seeing them again for another 6-8 months until I finally get up to Alaska.I thought I'd share a few snaps I took in between wrapping up the bathroom today.

Photobucket

I love glass bonsai trees!If I was ever lucky enough to come across the jade ones I'd love those too...but I'm not so I stick to collecting the poor ladies version which is the glass ones.I use to have a ton more but honestly they may not require watering but they're a pain to keep clean so I wasn't too sad when I sold some off over the past year!I'll grow my collection again soon but for now I've limited myself to these 3.

The Napco Thai dancers can also be used as wall hangings,which I should do with them before they suffer anymore damage.They were mint condition when I bought them but its been my husband that has cost one dancer her head and hand(ladies do not display breakables on the back of the toilet if you have a man,cats or kids!All equal a bad time for your cute vintage things!)Luckily clean enough breaks that they repaired easily.So good bye my pretty things.I'll see you again in 6-8 months,as you sit in your box in darkness don't you worry you'll be displayed again soon!(Yeah,I'm a little crazy I talk to my inanimate objects,its totally acceptable).
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. OK....THOSE are AMAZING. How come I have never seen glass plants before? They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the glass Bonsai trees. I have quite a large one. I mean, she is big, with about 5,000 individual glass parts to her. One day I have to sit down and clean each and every one of those little shapes of glass. I have no idea how to do it otherwise lol...

    Your goodies will still be there, never fear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dancers, gorgeous! Ah but not seeing them for 6 months means you'll gasp with joy when you remember what you have, even 6 months you do kinda forget, I've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean about packing stuff up. i did it for 14 months when my husband was deployed and we moved to be close to family. its such a cute display. i love how all the colors compliment each other so well. they would make you want to use the toilet to look at em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, they are so amazing! Fingers crossed they arrive at your new home safely. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Thai dancers are gorgeous, i must try and find me some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is totally acceptable to talk to inanimate objects...at least over at my place, aint that right Mr. Toaster? Seriously, I create personalities for some of the stuff I have. How can you not when it has been around way longer than we have...you know there are some stories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the Thai dancers! So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the dancers- what a fantastic find! :)

    ReplyDelete