Saturday, November 28, 2009

In Some Aspects I Have Become My Mother...

It's not a bad thing,I love my mother very much.It's funny how we spend so much of our youth rebelling against our parents only to find as we sink further and further into adulthood that we're a lot like them...including the little oddities.

I remember when I was little friends coming over and asking who so and so was in a picture over here and that picture over there.I loved telling my friends about my moms made up family,the family she was proud to display.Most of my friends found that either really sad or creepy but they didn't really know my family so they didn't understand.I always got a kick out of the store bought family,the picture perfect people that came in the frame,surely it made more sense to keep them in the frame than *insert dysfunctional family member here*.

My own home is filled with that same thing but with vintage pictures.I have my own family hung around the house but also a great mix of people I have no idea about.I really love finding the ones that have the old celebrities in the frames and here are a few I've added to collection over the past few weeks.

I'm really excited about this one as I am a huge Vincent Price fan and of course Olga San Juan is pretty darn easy on the eyes too!

This gal here is just a pretty face but a pretty face she is indeed!

And last my most certainly not least Ursula Thiess!




4 comments:

  1. I can honestly say it is really nice to know that I am not the only one who does things like this! I have a coffee table vintage scrapbook, that I have filled with photos found at various places of folks whom I have no clue who they are! It's always sad to me that someone at one point discarded their photos. At least I can give them a good home and show them off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly!It always makes me so sad to see peoples memories be discarded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I love your blog. I guess this is my first time here. I hope you have a fantastic weekend. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me feel so much less crazy for having a vintage picture of Angela Lansbury in my office!

    ReplyDelete