Monday, June 14, 2010

Cute But Creepy...

Today I spent trying to unpack those last few boxes of things.Most of our stuff is in the garage and will stay there until its time to go to Alaska but of course somethings I couldn't wait to use for another 6 months and they've been sitting around the room I'm staying in waiting for me to get a free minute to get to them.

There was a yard sale I saw 2 days before I left Indiana.I HAD to peak in and I'm glad I did.I found a mostly silly things that I could have gone without but what fun would that be?I'd describe the majority of it as "cute but creepy".

Don't ask,I have no idea what I'll do with these.Maybe demented cute cupcake toppers?Perhaps.I saw the bunny and it was love and at 50 cents for a bag of cute animal heads sure why not!
Photobucket

I crochet but not as well as I'd like.I thought maybe it'd be fun to try out crocheting some bodies and heads for these faces I found.They were 10 cents so its not a total loss if I can't do it.
Photobucket

I love Halloween!Also thinking of making these into cupcake toppers my only regret is not buying more of these.
Photobucket
and lastly I wouldn't consider these under the cute and creepy category but these fish mama and her babies wall hangings that were only $2.00 and I have a cute yellow hamper to pair them with in the bathroom of where ever we end up in Alaska (because oh yes our next place WILL have at least 2 bathrooms!).

Now since I bought these like I said 2 days before I was moving they ended up in the "things I need" box since that's always the last thing you pack so I laughed a little when I unpacked them since clearly I don't NEED any of it right now but hey I got to show it off sooner than I thought so yeah for that!

14 comments:

  1. oh I just love the cupcake toppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those heads are a bit creepy! But I love the fish, I have a great set but they just don't go with my bathroom decor at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are creepy ,but I still like them..maybe you can use themas party favors for a kids birthday party theme..ooooh I been looking for fishys with red lipstick...you always have the cutest stuff.
    http://doradadama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to find another person who gets the concept of "cute but creepy" :) A lot of people don't!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cute & creepy!!!!!!!! One of my favorite combos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those are so cute...and really really creepy! I love the witch heads and the fishes..and the baby head with the pearl necklace and that bunny! i totally would've bought them too! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute...only kinda creepy...ok I take that back the baby faces are totally creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, yes they are creepy! I think I would be too scared to have them in the house, but only cos i'm a wimp!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah, "cute but creepy" pretty much sums it up.. lol i really like the fishies and the little frog head. (kermit + piggie?) i would probably spray paint the fishes a solid color though, but thats just me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Naw Angie I like the different colors on the fishies,shows off the detail a little more.=)
    I don't like to alter vintage items if it can be avoided.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The animal heads (esp. the elephant) and the fishies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the heads are from the littlest pet shop toys? my brother just gave lily a shitton of em from his kids and she enjoys ripping the heads off lol.

    ReplyDelete