Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sew Cute...

I am not a great sewer,I wish I was.I wish I could create all the pretty vintage patterns I come across but that would only end in many curses and possibly things being thrown against the wall.I can do repairs though which is simple enough and I think a must have "skill" if you love vintage.

I came across this sewing basket with a lucite handle a few months ago and found it so delightfully ugly.I love art deco to the early 1960's but I do admit to having a soft spot for the late 1960s and parts of the 70's too.Maybe because in jr. high that's what got me into dressing vintage.
Much to my delight this basket was marked a mere $3.00 and that deal was sweetened when I saw that it was packed full of vintage sewing goodies too!


I love needle books 1 because I'm a sucker for packaging and 2 because I constantly lose needles and not in any place that's ever painfully found again like you step on it,no once gone they're gone forever so it was nice to have a good supply again.

Some more great things in the box were metal hooks!A vintage loving gal can never have too many of these!I can't tell you how many times I've talked a dress down on price at the antique mall before because a hook on a dress was missing or found one at a thrift store that had 1 or both ripped off.It's always good to have a pair and a spare when it comes to metal hooks,you'll never know what vintage gem you'll find that will need a minor repair such as this.

Another great find in the basket was the leather case with silk threads!I don't come across such delicate vintage dresses often but should they need a repair God knows doing the repair with plain old cotton or nylon thread seems wrong on so many levels.I'm not sure what I'll do with the trim but its fun I think and the little mini sew kit is pink with rhinestones!Adorably girlie!




5 comments:

  1. What a fun find! I love sewing-related things - although, like you, I'm better at mending than actual sewing. Love the needle books and the little pink sewing kit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby thanks for the link I DO ENJOY SOME EYE CANDY,GREAT PICTURES!

    Miss CherryBubbles thank you and glad to see Im not alone in lacking sewing skills heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, with a box full of goodies like that you can just pretend that you are the worlds greatest sewer. What a great find! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is GREAT!! I have one that looks more brandy bunch but its similar , I have jam packed mine with all the crap I find !! I love yours its great!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete