Saturday, October 23, 2010

Adventures in Growing Out Bangs and A Shopping For the Shop Day...

I've had bangs for 15 years.Due to frowning at multiple stupidities of the world too much I unfortunately have quite the wrinkled forehead already at the tender age of 28.Darn you expression lines,darn you!But I think I'm ready for a change so I've decided to commit to growing my bangs out.With a little help of pomade I was able to kind of side sweep them yesterday.

Photobucket


and here is a "I have something in my eye" photo
Photobucket

Yesterday I had to get some supplies for my shop,thank you cards and tissue paper.All that stuff to make pretty packaging.I'm sure you can all agree with me that its a little bit of a buzz kill as an online shopper to receive something you bought and its just tossed in a box with newspaper.No thank you.I really wanted these cards but unfortunately they came with the wiener dog too.No offense to you wiener dogs,I like you and you're awfully cute but I just love my Bostie babies more.
Photobucket

and then call it stupid or call it a leap of faith but I figured maybe some new inventory would help sales in my shop pick up so I spent the last of my money at this glorious little hole in the wall thrift store I found.I am so glad I went in there too and my only regret is that I didn't have more money.I had to leave some really beautiful pieces behind that I hope once I have some funds again can go back and rescue.I've gotten a few pieces listed already in my etsy shop but still have a lot more to go.Here is a peak at some of it:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket






8 comments:

  1. By far, the most memorable purchase, in all my purchases on eBay, have been the one or two sellers who "wrapped" my item(s) in pretty tissue paper, and included a short, handwritten note card thanking me for my purchase. It's smart to take the time to do this little extra detail. Buyers remember!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Pretty packaging makes all the difference.

    I really like the coat and skirt you found. Whenever I have the fundage, I'm going on a shopping spree in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bangs look super cute pushed to the side like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks cute like that. Good luck on the bang (grow out). I can never make up my mind on what I want with my hair, I was gonna grow mine out but decided to grow out my hair instead and keep the bangs for awhile longer.

    The stuff you picked up for your shop is lovely that skirt is so Groovy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's taken me over a year and my bangs are down to my mouth. I need to cut mine to blend them better now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the opposite I hate bangs!

    I agree about the packaging I have Jewelry & Hair accessories cards,along with bag toppers,stickers,& thank you cards with my logos on them & clear chello bags to put them into

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. I REALLY love your bangs swept to the side. =D Quite early Audrey Hepburn.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hair looks fab and you have killer eyebrows! I also agree on the parcel thing. People who wrap pretty packages always get good feedback :)

    ReplyDelete