Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween,Halloween,Everybody Scream!

As predicted Halloween day I did indeed spend telling Heidi over and over again that it was not quite time to go trick or treating.We did start at 5pm though since the poor dear was foaming at the mouth.I didn't think we were THAT early but was a little amazed at how many people commented that we were early.Eh,with 2 small children I didn't really want to be out late and in the dark with crowds are far more aggressive kids also hunting for candy.

I was a little disappointed with the lack of Halloween spirit my hometown had this year.I saw lots of teens out in no costume expecting candy and tons of houses that didn't answer the door at all when they say us (put a no candy sign on your door then!).Fortunately by this time next year we will be back somewhere in small town America not having to deal with that.

Heidi was a cupcake fairy...oh how I wish there was such a thing!

Photobucket

and Wayland was a skeleton,he wouldn't wear a mask or allow me to put makeup on him though.
Photobucket

There were a few houses that went all out with the decorating which I appreciate.None of it fazed the kids though.
Photobucket

Oddly the one thing that DID make Heidi scream was a non-Halloween item,a motion detector frog that croaks when you walk by.
Photobucket

I knew I wanted to dress up but had to wing it.I wore all black and decided to do heavy make up but it eventually ended up being this.Not bad for using mascara and lip liner and having a baby wrapped around my leg whining and a 3 year old asking if it was time to go yet.
Photobucket

I bought this necklace off Etsy awhile ago and wore it with my outfit.Since I was holding Heidi's hand when it came untied I had to hold it in my hand instead of put it back on.I don't know if I've ever mentioned on here what a klutz I am but for the record I am.The only casualty of the night was my eye.As we walked by a low tree a branch caught the top of my hat and begun to pull.I used the only free hand I had which happened to be the hand holding the necklace and went to grab it.The motion of my hand was just enough momentum for the pendant to go swinging and WACK!Right into my eye...which smarted horribly for the next block.Yeah,something like that would only happen to me.
Photobucket

Had the kids back by 6:30pm which was enough time to check out the many bits of goodies they scored and get settled done with a movie before their bedtime.I hope you all had a safe and fun filled Halloween!

6 comments:

  1. You look really fantastic!! And your kids look great too! Getting poked in the eye with a necklace made me laugh :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok I had to laugh at myself too and of course my husband thought it was hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you looked great and ouch your eye ;-( . And your children are so adorable didn't they do well, 5 oclock is a good time its dark then here, my son was dressed up then and out playing in the street with all his friends, they all started at 5.30 trick or treating and we had nobody after 7.30 which was great. I did take him trick or treating off the estate but we called on people who had pumpkins of there house dresses up we didn't do many but he was pleased. Little cup cake fairy is so cute..Dee ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha what fun!!!

    Most of the people on my block didn't pass out candy, and I heard another neighbor say, it was just older teens (with little to no costumes) from other neighborhoods looking for free candy. I did turn out all my lights tho so there would be no mistake.

    If more kids did it, I'd pass out treats, but the last time I did it, it was the same. Teens driving around in cars, no costumes!! Bah, no fun.

    Hope you eye is OK, the kids look fantastic and so do you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww how cute does your little Heidi look..and little skeleton too..your face make up looks creepily beautiful..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Your kids are such little darlings!Too sweet!!:)
    I think you did a wonderful job with your makeup,sorry but i did giggle about the necklace eye thing,you seriously need an extra pair of hands when you have kids .I love the necklace btw.
    That's a bit slack about the trick or treating,my rule would be no costume ,no candy.The teens are just spoiling it for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete