Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thift Scores For Future Projects...

If you look on Etsy for pet beds there is a lovely variety.The upcycled ones from old suitcases have always struck my fancy.I decided to share this one from Vintage Renaissance because I am biased and they have a Bostie in the photo!

Photobucket

This is something I know I could fairly easily create myself.I have an old suitcase with a busted buckle that would be perfect for this project.Yesterday while I was on the vintage hunt I found perfect legs for it for $1.00!

Photobucket

Now the only problem is I have enough to make 1 dog an awesome bed but not the other so I think I'll wait till I have another suitcase at least before I start this project.Jealousy is the last thing I want to create between my pooches.The one I currently have would work for Ollie,Lug Nut will require a much larger suitcase to be comfortable.He's lost a good bit of weight since we rescued him but he's still a big ole Lug!

10 comments:

  1. I love the idea of this, one day when I finally get a dog, I'm gonna make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute I think!I hate when things are sloppy looking.I love my dogs and they're part of the family so there is no reason why they shouldn't have stylish beds.Its not as easy if you have large breed dogs,you're limited with what you can do.With small to medium though you can have something along the lines of this which I think are far more attractive than a big pillow with blankets in the corner or a crate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! Your Bostie looks right at home in his super custom bed :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh hims a very very happy puppy! so adorable

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those beds are so cute! My cats are always sleeping in/on my vintage luggage. The only problem is I know as soon as I made luggage into an actual bed for them, they would choose to sleep in some random box instead

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever idea! I'm sure my bulldogs weight would bust those legs but my smaller dog would be fine.

    Nice score on the legs too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dolly he's cute but not mine!I haven't actually made one yet I just showed that as the example of what I wanted to do.

    Betty ugh probably!Cats are finicky little buggers like that

    LuckyDame my boston bulldog likes to chew on wooden toys so I worry he'll find the legs tasty when I do make him one.I'll have to put apple bitter on it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such a lucky gal to have such a cute dog.
    And what an amazing idea and Bostie seems to approve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe it'll be hard for him to get his snout on the legs though????

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a fantastic idea! Unfortunately our dog is a fussy old man and won't sleep in a dog basket. He has is own bean bag complete with a pink woollen blanket that he gets wrapped up in every night

    ReplyDelete