Thursday, July 8, 2010

Funny How Things Change...

I have a small collection of vintage magazines I adore and would never dream of cutting up but I do take the ones that are damaged and use them for scrapbooking or decorating my Etsy packages with.I was wrapping up an order to ship off to England this morning when I noticed this ad from one of my 1950 Life magazines featuring Ann Sheridan and just about died!Because apparently you TOO can lose weight with AYDS!If you say that now a days people DEFINITELY don't think of AYDS vitamin candy I can tell you that much right now *face palm*.
Photobucket

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. Lmao I once seen a old Commecial on youtube about Ayds and I was like..
    WHAAAAA?
    haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a popular and much advertised product for many years...and then came the disease. I recall an interview with the president of the company not longer after the AIDS crisis began, and when asked about changing the name of the product, he responded something to the effect that his product was there first so they should change the name of the disease...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats is HILARIOUS! and I love that woman's swimsuit

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh lordy haven't things changed!

    Wouldn't you LOVE that swimsuit?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually remember my Mom using these in the 1960's - I even tried them myself. Little caramel-like things - came in chocolate fudge flavor too, if I remember correctly- wrapped in wax-paper squares. Supposed to curb your appetite or something. (Didn't work - I just wanted more candies!)

    ReplyDelete