Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bostie Bebes and Stomach Bugs...

Where did this week go?It seemed to have gone by in a whirl of financial organization,babies vomiting and loads upon loads of laundry.Last night was the worst of it(my kiddos being sick not the financial organizing part,the worst of that was earlier in the week making me want to pull my hair out,haha!) but I am thankful to report I think my little ones are officially feeling better as we have now been about 19 hours with nobody being sick.We seemed to have returned to running around,screaming in joy and asking for copious amounts of candy.All requests were quickly met with a laughing "NO!".Oh how quickly things can go from not being able to get the poor dears to keep down a piece of toast to asking if fudge pops are on the menu.I had to feel a bit bad for Ollie,he stayed up with me all night fretting over the kids so I don't think either of us were well rested enough for the chasing they were in the mood for by late morning.

It is in the breed to be a good family dog and I'd have to fully concur.Ollie is such an amazing dog.He puts up with a lot of abuse from the kids.From my daughter hanging on his neck telling him how much she loves him to the unpredictable nature of a 17 month old with pulling or smacking he never shows any sign of aggression back.Instead its just met with unconditional love.

Photobucket

I know a lot of my other blogging buddies are also proud mamas of Bostie babies so I thought I'd make this post mainly a tribute to Boston Terriers.You know what site has a ton of really amazing Boston Terrier items?Yep,Etsy.

This guys whole shop is pretty amazing.He's been in my etsy favorites forever though I've yet to buy anything from him.Something I hope to remedy soon.
Photobucket
This shop is all Boston themed but I have to say the cards are my personal favorite.
Photobucket

I am 99% sure that when we do buy a house THIS will be our welcome mat!
Photobucket

Loving the Bostie pillow from this shop.Also if you're a wiener dog lover or like owls this shop will also make you squeak in cuteness!
Photobucket

Speaking of getting a house...guess what my daughter who turns 4 at the end of May told me what she wanted for her birthday?A pink room of her very own in own house.It made my heart melt and a wave a guilt wash over me at the same time.I know this has been a very hard last 8 months on her as it has been on all of us.Ideally when I came here to play caretaker for a few months I never saw it turning into being stuck here like we are now.I've done the math a few times in my head now and with the odds and ends my hubby has been able to find for work combined with all my inventory selling in my Etsy shop it would cover the cost of moving back to the midwest and a down payment on a house!

Is the possible?Sure.So just an fyi to my followers you'll forgive if some of my posts are more sale orientated than usual.This is something I really want to try and accomplish and I am not giving the opportunity for failure to happen.Most of my items are priced low but just because I'm going to make this happen come Hell or high water I'm also willing to take offers.The way I'm looking at it is even a $5.00 sale is $5.00 closer to where I need to be.If you or anyone you know is in the need for some vintage please do send them my way,it'd be much appreciated.

I'm not sure what is on the agenda for tomorrow but I'm hoping a much needed day of rest or at least mostly mellowness is in order.Hope you all are having a great weekend and here is to a much smoother week coming up!

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the sales, I'll keep an eye on them but I'm broke myself, this is the year of paying off debt for me so I know where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best! I will share your store with all my friends too so that your little girl can have her pink room! Every girl deserves one even if they are 44! ps. my shop is going to be painted pink! but don't tell my age!! OOps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im sorry to hear your little ones were sick. And I hope what your daughter said comes true =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Boston mermaid lamp at the Mirabelle etsy shop. I am sorry the kiddos were sick and sorry about all the laundry that goes with it. Nothing like trying to change barf sheets at 4am while half asleep all the while comforting and returning babies to sleep. Our Joey is always patient and loves the girls but I have to say he isn't crazy about boys. (Maybe my husband had him trained for the dating years : ) I have to crate him when little boys come over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to hear your little ones are feeling better. The pic of your pup is adorable.
    All that Boston stuff in the pics is sure cute.

    I do hope in the near future you get your dream home and that your daughter gets her pink room. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear that the little ones are now running around and back to being the happy children I am sure they are, as for your daughters birthday wish, never say never,and your dog is just lovely, what a face so adorable no wonder your daughter loves him so much.

    ReplyDelete