Friday, December 17, 2010

Burgers,Beaches and Fruit Baskets...

Typical day in my neighborhood yesterday.Got the kids and myself ready to go the post office,hubby joined us and afterward we took the kids to the park on the beach.My life often seems like the movie Groundhogs Day with Bill Murray,only mine is along the lines of thrifting,park,post office,listing.Sometimes that's good sometimes not...maybe you get bored hearing the repetitiveness?Well,that's why I at least have pretty photos to entertain you with.=)

Downtown is decked out for the holidays
Photobucket

After living elsewhere that has 4 seasons being back in a beach town that only knows sunny,cloudy and rain is unsettling to my senses.Peace on earth and palm trees.Its weird to not have snow.
Photobucket


I did get to wear my moccasins that I got from HulaGirl1922's shop
Photobucket

We grabbed lunch to go at the DQ and took it down to the beach to eat.
Photobucket

I appreciated the dumpster down there.Its nice to see people take something ordinary and give it some razzle dazzle

Photobucket

But didn't appreciate the man trying to keep the kids down...
Photobucket

I picked up these fruit salad basket earrings earlier in the week and though I had the best intentions of selling them I fell in love after wearing them yesterday so I am keeping them.Bad vintage seller,bad!I know.

Photobucket

Sad to report my bangs did not survive a 4 mile walk and day at the beach.They were quiet flat and fallen out of place by the time we got home.
Photobucket

and that was yesterday in a nutshell for me *insert "help!I'm in a nutshell" bad joke here*

6 comments:

  1. I so want a pair of moccasins like that,so cute!
    I love the earrings,very sweet.I think your hair looks pretty good considering you were at the beach.Mine looked like someone had attacked me with the leaf blower after we went:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    I was just amazed that they lost the barrel shape and went flat.The amount of hairspray I had in them I thought for sure that they'd stay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss Southern CA winter hearing sprinklers and lawn mowers in Dec!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I'm still trying to grow my bangs out...with the humidity, they turn into crazy corkscrew curls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous earrings - you have a great eye for a bargain!

    ReplyDelete