Tuesday, August 17, 2010

More Additions To My Collection...

If you've read my blog for a bit you know I collect old picture frames with the photos of the people still in them.More so the frames featuring old Hollywood stars.My personal favorite to date is still the Vincent Price one I found.The best part about this collection is its cheap!

Today the vintage gods did smile on me as I found tons of cool things for my etsy shop and found these for myself.Because honestly when you love vintage its hard to give it away sometimes so you have to treat yourself a little too.

Today's finds were Laraine Day and James Craig!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and this one was a real treat as I very rarely ever find frames in a silver-tone and this one with the ribbon accent was fantastic.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Oh you have a nice pics collection of dead people ha ha ha ha ;)

    Yeah it's difficult to sell things you heart too much, i always asking myself how etsy or ebay sellers could sell so much beautifull things without regret, for sure they keep the half for them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never know how people do ebay or etsy full time, I would just end up with a house full of stuff too! Love your pics

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the random collections vinties have. For me its vintage swimsuit ads (as you know) and mid century lamps. It is very hard for me not to give in and buy every lamp I see. I passed one up a few months back and I still think about it...how sad is that.

    I love your collection. I have a lot of frames too...but they're all modern. I buy them el-cheap-o at Ross. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swell photo finds! It IS good to treat yourself ;)

    I too love framed movie star pics - my favorite is one I found years ago of Warren William.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found an Yvonne DeCarlo in Plainfield, and you bet I will be going to pick that up next week. She's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow Des, i love them all but i think I'm going to steal that last picture and try and get someone to let me tattoo it on them!! It's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow! what lovely finds and pics love the colors back then.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love vintage frames with movie stars. that last one is amazing, very atmospheric

    ReplyDelete