Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Schooner is a Sail Boat Stupid Head....

I haven't done an outfit post in awhile so I thought what better day than today!This morning has been pretty hectic.I'm dealing with a broken water heater that has caused a flood in the basement that my dad refuses to do anything about and hotter than Hades weather with not so much as a fan to cool me off.This is all just adding to my wanting to get up to Alaska stat determination.All these things would equal a bad day but I'm actually in a really good mood.Partly because its hard to be upset when you're wearing orange and yellow,try it!

Photobucket
I got this dress off Etsy for a mere $17.00!It has palm trees,hibiscus flowers and sail boats all over it,such a fun print!And the good news is despite the small measurements give in the listing it fits!Its a suck it in as I zip fit but when I do get rid of the rest of my baby weight it will fit perfectly.
Photobucket
The back is fun because you can wear it like I am right now OR unbutton the straps and cross cross them,what girl doesn't love options?!
Photobucket

The Hush Puppies I showed off awhile ago that I got off Etsy I liked so much and found another pair in a different color pattern,they're a size 7 so they are a bit big but still doable.
Photobucket

My root beer ribbon clamper I bought off Ebay a few years ago and I adore it.Most of my accessories are packed up waiting to meet the hubby in Alaska again but at least I have some out.I keep pining for all my orange bakelite bangles that would go great with this dress.
Photobucket
and here is a quick shot of my and my mini-me.She's off with my mom right now getting chicken feed for my brothers hens so I'm enjoying the quiet of just one kid right now.Best take advantage of it and do something more productive.Hope everyone is having a good day and if not seriously go put on a happy color!
Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. I love that dress! I've been wanting a hawaiian dress SO bad but they're always over 100 when i find them so no hawaiian dress for me. Orange is my very favorite color I have a sweater that would match that dress perfectly. Its a mango color and I grabbed it off ebay for $12 because of the pics...I love bad pics!

    Your daughter is so adorable she is like a little mini-you. :D

    xxoo for the "mall rats"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific dress! Love the bracelet too. :)

    The pic of you and your little one is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress! That is an adorable picture of you and Heidi. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, love the outfit and clamper, and Heidi has your lovely eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aew, you look great. and heidi is SO fricken CUTTTTTTTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful dress...you look great hun..how cute your little is the exact replica of you and she has your darling eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING! You look so beautiful. And little Heidi.....not so little anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, she is a mini you! The dress looks great on you...what an awesome deal too!

    Cheers,
    MaryD

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS (both you and your little one!) LOVE those shoes with it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful dress and awwwww you and your daughter look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and your daughter are two peas in a pod, you both look beautiful and what a gorgeous photo of the two of you at the bottom. This color is just great for you. Hope you get up to Alaska soon. It's been so rainy here but we have a welcome break of sun for a few days now. No heat just the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The dress looks lovely on you and I adore the pic of you and mini you. *How sweet* She looks so much like you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow she looks so like you! Love the dress too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow The Creature !!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous dress! And, aw, the last shot is very sweet. =]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely! That last picture is killer gorgeous ....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful gals! Love that last picture of you and your little one. She looks just like you! =D

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute little bow cuff! I once had a tank top similar to that dress, but it was way too small. I hung onto it anyway, just because I had to have it. And like you, I too love an era I never experienced. Thank goodness for vintage shops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to wear more happy colors

    ReplyDelete